Membership Criteria & Instructions for Application
The Inland Empire Funders Alliance is a collaborative network of organizations with significant formal grantmaking activities in the Inland Empire region of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties that have joined together to increase communication, coordination, and collaboration. The mission of the Funders Alliance is to advance equity, advocacy, and systemic change in the Inland Empire by uplifting the region’s assets and opportunities, and leveraging resources for impact.
- The Funders Alliance welcomes membership of organizations engaged in the ongoing provision of grants, program investment, or volunteer hours exceeding $25,000 annually to community-based nonprofits and/or public agencies in the two-county region. Investments may include:
- Grant dollars to nonprofit organizations in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
- Employees’ board service and pro-bono skill-based volunteering to nonprofits in the region
In-kind or pro-bono business services provided to nonprofits in the region
Member organizations must designate as primary representative to the Funders Alliance a high-level administrator (e.g. CEO, VP, etc.) or regional program officer of the institution/department who possesses decision making authority regarding funding activities in the region (subject to approval of their governing body).
- The representative is highly encouraged to attend bimonthly member meetings and serve on an Action Team or committee, but this is not a requirement to be a member in good standing.
- The primary representative may designate colleagues from their institution to participate on specific Funders Alliance projects or Action Teams. This is intended to provide professional and leadership development opportunities for rising philanthropic professionals. Grantmaking staff, advisors, consultants, or board members may be included in this way.
Member Dues Calculation
All member organizations must pay dues on a sliding scale based on their self-reported contributions in the region as defined above. Membership payments will be due annually, and can be made in up to four payments over a year. The Inland Empire Funders Alliance is fiscally sponsored by the Inland Empire Community Foundation, and is tax exempt under IRS section 501(c)(3) (EIN 33-0748536). Dues may be reported as a grant or sponsorship. Payment may be submitted following your application.
In addition to dues, IEFA members have the opportunity throughout the year to participate in collaborative funding projects and to sponsor specific IEFA initiatives. Sponsorships and grants designated for specific events or activities will not count toward members’ annual dues requirements unless otherwise specifically indicated by IEFA. All membership, sponsorship, and collaborative funding contributions will be appropriately recognized.
Thank you for joining the Inland Empire Funders Alliance community!
More info on the Inland Empire Funders Alliance and its activities can be found at www.iefunders.org
You may also download a pdf application here.