POOLED FUNDING – DRAWING INVESTMENTS TO THE INLAND EMPIRE
The Funders Alliance has organized several pooled funds to benefit the community since 2019. Pooled funds allow grantmakers to invest in our region in a strateig and to benefit from local expertise in allocating funds.
Current Pooled Funds and Co-Funding Initiatives
Census 2020 Funders Table
Inland Empire Funders Alliance Rapid Response Fund
Inland Empire Funders Alliance Black Equity Fund
Riverside County Nonprofit Assistance Fund
INLAND EMPIRE CENSUS ROUNDTABLE
The Inland Empire Census Funders Table (IECFT) was established in 2019 to drive toward a collaborative fundraising goal of $1.5 million from private philanthropy to be granted to nonprofit organizations working to achieve a complete count on the 2020 Census.
The first pooled fund by the Funders Alliance, the IECFT had multiple anticipated outcomes:
- Pooled fund allocations to complement and align with funding and contracting by the local ACBO;
- IECFT funding will also align with the statewide funders table’s dual goals for the Census – a complete count and building the nonprofit infrastructure for change in the Inland Empire;
- Close coordination with the IE Complete Count Committee and the IE Census Outreach Table, to ensure that Census investments are distributed equitably;
- IECFT members actively encouraged other funders to invest in Census 2020; and
- Investments in the Census will be transparent to the community and will be evaluated for effectiveness.
The IECFT raised $1.5 million for Census outreach efforts. The funds were allocated through three rounds of grantmaking:
|Goal||No. of Grants||Total Grant Amount|
|Round 1:||to support pre-selected backbone and regional coordinators||5||$75,000|
|Round 2:||to support outreach preparation and efforts. Invite-only RFP process||20||$690,000|
|Round 3:||to support Census Centers (Questionnaire Assistance Centers), including fixed/staffed, informational kiosks, and mobile or pop-up center. Open RFP process||10||$294,000|
As of July 2020, the IECFT has closed grantmaking and applications are no longer being accepted.
INLAND EMPIRE FUNDERS ALLIANCE RAPID RESPONSE FUND
The IE Funders Alliance Rapid Response Fund (IEFARRF) was established to provide critical and timely support for nonprofits providing services inRiverside and San Bernardino counties in response to the COVID-19 crisis and the negative impact it will have on vulnerable people and communities.
The Fund ended grantmaking on May 22nd and is no longer accepting applications.
- Original fundraising goal was $1,000,000
- 12 foundations contributed a total of $1,030,000
- Contributors included statewide private foundations, local funders, corporate funders, and the local community foundation
- Fund was housed at the Inland Empire Community Foundation, which charged no administrative fees
INLAND EMPIRE FUNDERS ALLIANCE BLACK EQUITY FUND
Launched in July of 2020, the Fund supports the members and efforts of the Black Equity Initiative of the Inland Empire.
RIVERSIDE COUNTY NONPROFIT ASSISTANCE FUND
Members of the Funders Alliance are participating on review committees to help determine the allocation of funds.